Thursday, August 02, 2007
and the winner is...
these past few weeks we've had more fun trying new taste delights. the boys eat about a half a cup of oatmeal each and then the real yummies begin. so far the boys love peaches, bananas and sweet potates. they hate avocado, which i was pretty bummed about but we'll try it again in a little while. by far their favorite, by a long shot, is mango. it's my favorite, too. who wouldn't love the sweet yet tangy flavor, the ultra rich/smooth texture, the beautiful bright orange color. and it's packed with vit a! it's the perfect baby food - and mama food, too. after all, it's two bites for them, one bite for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Mangos! Wow. We're still on bananas.
I just made up some mangoes and they are in the freezer. I figure we'll get to them next week. I'm still trying to do the 3-day wait thing between each food...but, you're right...it is silly. We just did pears tonight.
How many times per day do you feed them solids? We do it in the evenings only...about an hour before their bedtime bottle. Our daycare keeps trying to get us to bring some food in. I think we will this week.
Wanted to also tell you that we put our BabyLegs in the washer and dryer and they come out just fine. On the package that we bought here, it says to handwash. They were too big anyway, so I figured if they shrunk...all the better. They did not shrink that much though. I did put them in one of those mesh bags that I wash their socks and small items in...mostly just so they don't get lost.
Anyway...thanks for the idea about the mango! I think I would have had twice as much in the cubes frozen, but I ate about 1/3 of the puree!....so good!!
Let me know what your doc says about how many times to feed them per day. I completely forgot to ask mine at our 6-month WB check-up.
As far as spit-up is concerned. They do it significantly less than they did a month ago. Now it is pretty much a "complete-bottle barf" (as we call it) when they throw up. Mostly because they cough or are trying to burp...but, it is usually only a couple of times per week. They maybe spit up (just small amounts) *maybe* once per day (each). Like I said...it has gotten A LOT better! We burp them after every 2 oz and that seems to help a lot, but it frustrates the hell outta them! :)
It'll get better!!!!
Imagine the reduction in your laundry load!!!
Your babes are so cute! Mangos are a favorite at our house, too. I keep meaning to try papaya to see if it's as popular but haven't bought it yet.
Post a Comment