Monday, August 20, 2007

on the mat

ozzy contemplating his next move



and it happens to be a push up



abie hamming it up as usual



aerial view

4 comments:

The Adventures of Carrie, Brook, Finn and Reid said...

Cute pictures! I'll respond to the rest of your comment later...but you went to grad school in OR?!? So did Brook and I! That's where we met! I'm from OR (lived there all my life until I moved here 4 years ago). I did both undergrad and grad at OSU. Brook did his undergraduate work in AK, then grad at OSU.

What a coincidence!

I love these black and white shots!

The Adventures of Carrie, Brook, Finn and Reid said...

Whhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! I'm so frustrated!! For some reason, it won't let me email the pics through anything other than my mac.com address (which we don't use). It keeps asking for some SMP password...so, I reset the accounts, put in the new password and it is not letting me send an email! I wish I could just email directly to my gmail account.

I think I just need to go to bed. I'm frustrated! I am pretty good at PCs...but, Macs...I'm just getting the hang of!

Thanks for the tip on the blogger and emailing the posts there. I'll figure out how to get our mac.com address working again. Do you know if you have to pay for it? Maybe it "timed out" or something. I put in every password I can think of (we only use 3, so it had to be one of them) and it still won't let me send a message!

Anyway---I was raised vegetarian, but since moving to AK, I started eating poulty. Which, I don't really care for...but, up here, there are not a lot of vegetarian alternatives (like tempeh, which I used to cook with a lot in Corvallis). I don't cook chicken or turkey, etc. but if we go to a restaurant, I'll order it if there is nothing else. I don't have any moral grounds, etc. for not eating meat...just what I am used to I guess. I hope that eventually I'll wise up and open up my repertoire!

Reid is doing the push-ups...Finn is not really there yet. Finn excels at sitting up, Reid will crawl first. Its cool how they both develop difffernt "skills" at different times.

I knew you most likely would not post a comment on our blog about the zygosity results...that's why I made the comment on your blog. It is still so strange that he read the comments on your blog! Of course...the first time he does it is the time he should not have! :)

Let me know how they like the salmon. If I can get my hands on some, I can certainly send it your way. I've sent it overnight to Portland before...but Texas is a little farther away!

Abel's teeth will be up soon! Have you used the orajel? I am a little weirded out by the fact that it numbs them up. I don't know. I've tried some teething tablets by Hylands which seem to help a ton...although I am not big on homeopathic stuff...it seemed to ease the pain and make them sleepy. Who knows what works! It's all trial and error.

Yes, my mom got the hats on the babylegs.com website. They sell babylegs (but not the hats) in a couple of the expensive boutique-y stores around here.

OK--I've got to clear my mind from this Mac email drama! Aye Carumba!!

I'm anxious to hear where you went to grad school!

Carrie

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hello and send a kiss to the boys from their second cousins, Sofia & Margaux up in Seattle. Nancy passed along your blog, and I have been so enjoying reading along with your posts. Just 4 months into our days with two, I cannot imagine taking on the challenge all at once! Go Silvermans! Anyway, the boys are so adorable, and we are happy to hear the two of you doing so amazingly well on this journey of parenthood. Love, Lee & Kate

The Adventures of Carrie, Brook, Finn and Reid said...

Look at me...leaving 3 comments on one post! :)

I can't get onto Blogger at work...which is a bummer, since it was always nice to "surf" blogs while I ate my lunch. Anyway...

Chicago. My dad grew up outside of Chicago and his entire family (and my step-mom's) still live there. So, we were there for my cousin's wedding...visiting my grandma, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. They all live in a funny town called "Princeton". Small...very small. It is like going back to 1955 every time we visit, I swear. I love Chicago though...but not a fan of the traffic...especially with two screaming babes in tow.

Did you grow up in Chicago or the 'Burbs?

Happy anniversary!! Tomorrow (the 22nd) is my little bro's 28th birthday...so, it's a good day for an anniversary!

We had our 4th anniversary in July. Brook's parents took the kids for the evening. I was going through withdrawal by 6pm (since I had not seen them since 7:30 a.m.).

I hope that you guys get to do something fun!

So, my dad and step-mom moved from Eugene about 3 years ago. Now they live in Vancouver, WA. All my family is in Oregon or Washington, so I really hope that we can move the family back there soon! I miss it terribly. I don't mind the rain. It makes up for it when you have an actual autumn. In AK, autumn lasts about 2 weeks. It's my favorite season, so I like to savor it. We're going there for T-day...so, I can't wait. Not to mention, I can't wait to go to Target and IKEA!!!

So...this upload thing is ridiculous. I can't send mail through my mail.com address because it asks me for my SMTP address password...which, I knew...but, obviously not because it is NOT working. We don't use that address because I thought it was just a 60-day trial period. Do you know if you have to pay for it? I know you can sign up for something (cost is $99 per year), but not sure if I need to do that to have the basic mac.com email.

So, I have to go to iPhoto, send an email (although it won't send--but it stores it in the Outbox). Then, I go to the Outbox and save the pictures that I uploaded to the email message onto my desktop. This compresses them...THEN (!!!!) I go into my gmail account and upload the photos and post them (via email...THANKS!!!) to Blogger. It takes WAY less time than uploading the full-sized images, but there are certainly a lot of steps!

Did you try the salmon? We did not even do solids tonight because they were both tired and you can only do so much in the 2 hours from the time I get home from work, until they go to bed, you know? It's frustrating!

I have a book and one of the recipes (although not really a recipe since it is only two ingredients) calls for cinnamon, but I was wondering if it would leave a rash, since it is normally irritating if you get it on your skin. Did it seem to bother them, or was it just red?

Reid is now waking us up in the middle of the night because he keeps trying to crawl. He'll get stuck in the corner and SCREAM for us to help him. I swear, I get more exercise going up and down stairs at all hours than I did going to the gym everyday and riding the eliptical for 45-minutes!

Yeah for U of O!! I really do love that school. Most of my friends from high school went there, so I was always there during those early years. Not to mention, my dad lived in Eugene, so it seemed like we were always on campus for something. I remember him taking me to the campus when I was very young and telling me the names of the trees (he has his master's in biology).

You can email me at cpredeger@gmail.com so I don't keep filling up your blog comments!

Happy anniversary!!