Thursday, July 26, 2007

matilda

the boys are fascinated with matilda these days. they crack up at her when she catches her toy mid-air, when she gallop runs on our walks, or for no reason at all. when she comes within a few feet on them they immediately reach their arms out for her and they love to pet her face and grab her gums. we like to refer to her as the "gentle giant." she just sits or lays there and let's them pull, grab and pinch. yesterday, oskar moved himself off the mat and next to her and mati took the opportunity to snuggle up on his butt. so sweet!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This photo of Mati's love and affection for Oskar is simply priceless. Imiss you all so much that it actually hurts!

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

i love that photo, it is super cute. what a great dog you have there!

The Adventures of Carrie, Brook, Finn and Reid said...

Just wanted to say thanks for your comment. It really put things in perspective because it is SO TRUE!!! Babies are just simply bigger nowadays and if you see a "normal" sized baby, they look incredibly small compared to the 14 lb-er 2 month old that you run into at the grocery store. As long as they are healthy, that is all that matters!

P.S. We tried apples last night and they hated them! Pretty weird since I heard those are usually a favorite. I used jonagold apples, which are not in season...but, I tasted them and they were fine. Weird boys! So far F&R's favorite food is yams/sweet potatoes (I never can figure out the difference!). I did mix the apples with them after I they gave me the "thumbs down" on the plain apples...and they *tolerated* them. Needless to say, I'm going to try the apples again...but, am headed to the store to buy more yams!

Have you guys made any new dives into the food arena??? It is pretty exciting stuff!