Friday, September 04, 2009

clarity

99.9 percent sure




i'm honestly in shock. still processing. i need some time for this to sink in and reflect on what this means to me. it's all good, of course. it's just that i've known them to be fraternal their whole lives, and now that notion has been turned on its head.

abel and oskar are identical twin brothers.

i think i'm going to need to say that a few more hundred times before it really sinks in.

8 comments:

Liz Jimenez said...

I can only imagine that's got to be a heck of a mental adjustment for you! Wow. Kind of neither good nor bad, but very different all the same. Either way, you've got the same awesome, perfect, unique individual boys on your hands. :-)

[And I was totally right! Heehee!]

Krissy said...

Unbelieveable! That is a huge mental adjustment. Pretty cool, though, to finally know for sure.

Staci said...

Wow I would have never thought.

suealex said...

I'm so surprised!!! I've been checking back for the results every day. So interesting! I think they really look different. Wow.

jay_say said...

That is awesome to know for sure... I assume they were separate sacs? Did the doctor tell you they were fraternal (I don't remember those details).

Ok, now tell me about the test. How much was it? What did it entail doing? I've thought about doing it numerous times to test my boys.

mames said...

guess i lost that bet. and yes, dna matches, but still your abel and oscar...that has not changed at all

LauraC said...

$100 please.

Jon and I talked about this on our car ride home from Ohio. I said - how would we feel if someone walked right up to us and told us N&A are identical? He said it would be shocking bc we have seen them in a certain light forever.

Aren't you glad you did the test though, so now you know!

Just Kristen said...

AH HA! I knew it!! :)