we're on day 5 of potty training and it is going, in a word, AWESOME!
they are both exclusively in undies now, save for night time when they wear a pull-up. they are even taking their naps in undies and staying dry, to my disbelief. i'm trusting them more and more and reminding them less and less. they are both very motivated to use the potty and get pretty frustrated when i nag them to go. it's definitely an independence thing and they want to be in control of the process. i totally get it.
abel is still having some hang-ups with no. two and he's reluctant to use the potty for this. that's been the only sucky thing in this whole process. other than that, abel is our potty star. he goes completely by himself, takes his pants and undies off, puts them back on himself, etc. he even went on a big public potty at the vet's office this morning. love it!
we're off to costco this afternoon so the boys can pick out whatever truck they want as a reward for potty success. and i'm trying to think of an appropriate celebration for j and i to mark the end of diapers. because I LOVE LIFE WITH NO DIAPERS!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Congratulations! What a huge accomplishment!
Awesome!!! What a great development!
Congratulations! But I am SOOOO jealous. I think my girls would be ready if I got off my butt and TRIED but I don't have it in me these days with the new baby and all. I've heard that the going-straight-to-undies approach works wonders but I don't know if I can handle three days of accidents in a house that is mostly carpeted! YIKES. Regardless - you have INSPIRED me to try harder. Hopefully we will have some success soon - because let me tell you, buying diapers for THREE kids is NOT FUN!
Wow! Sounds wonderful! I can't wait till we are there!
WOO HOO!! I know this feeling well since we are recently diaper free ourselves.
I lost your email address somehow, wanted to email back that I LOVE David Sedaris. We went to go see him read in April, one of the nights I have laughed hardest in my entire life.
YEEHAW!!!
We hope to be following your (successful!) footsteps over the long Labor Day weekend!
We've been talking up the Potty Training and told F & R that Abel and Oz (or "Ozzy-Kar" as Reid says) are potty training right now. Last weekend they asked, "Are Abel and OzzyKar on the Potty Train? Choo-choo!". They can't wait to get on the "Potty Train", too. :)
Miss you guys!
Post a Comment