Thursday, February 07, 2008

sick baby/sick baby/sick mama

the boys have RSV. i know, it SUCKS! we brought them to the doc today after three miserable days and oz just getting worse and worse. abie is just at the start of it, oz is knee deep. in addition to RSV, oz has an ear infection and conjunctivitis. abie has the start of an ear infection. so they're on antibiotics, eye drops and motrin. and we got a nebulizer just in case breathing becomes labored (pray that it doesn't). i'm sure i have the adult version of RSV, which consists of a bad-ass cold. all i can say is "thank god for jordan." he's left work early the past two days and today went in at 6:30am so he could be home by 9am to help with the boys. i honestly don't know how moms or dads (or other caregivers) attend to two sick children at once.

it seems like there are a lot of sick twins out in blog land right now...i hope everyone's kiddos get better - STAT!

5 comments:

Liz Jimenez said...

Oh for the love! What is it with everyone?! I hope you and the boys get better soon. My kids are improving, but guess who's chugging the Pepto tonight... lucky me!

Krissy said...

Really hoping that you all feel better very soon...I never realized before kids how EASY it is to be sick when you only have yourself to worry about. But when Mama is sick and the kids are sick, life is very very trying. Hang in there.

suealex said...

Fletch had it too. We never needed the nebulizer - there's hope! Let us know if you need help.

Anonymous said...

I feel so helpless...I certainly wish I lived closer so Nana Nan could help in whatever way possible...Well, soon enough kids I'll be living in Austin doing what grandmas do best - chicken soup and lots of babysitting!!

The Adventures of Carrie, Brook, Finn and Reid said...

Damn, Tracey! This totally SUCKS! I am glad that you took them to the doc, sooner rather than later.

We had the nebulizer too, but our ped said to use it only if the breathing is really labored...it was bad, but the humidifier and taking them into a steamy shower helped a ton. Anyway, we did not end up using the Albuterol/Nub deal.

Brook and I were sick the week prior to the boys getting RSV and our doc said it was probobaly RSV that we gave them. And you're right...it's a bad-ass cold. And it sucks! RSV usually peaks on Day 4, then every day it gets a bit better.

Don't you just love medicines littering up your counters? I freaking HATE syringes and little bottles of sticky crap everywhere. But, if it makes them better, it's worth it.

As for YOU, my dear! Take it easy and try to rest...easy for me to say from 5,000+ miles away, eh?

And Jordan...you can have your motorcycle IF you take good care of my Tracey-girl!!

Virtual hugs from us here in the frozen north.

GET WELL SOON!!!!!!